Friday, September 26, 2008

Where did him wented?

So, first blog upon returning from China.

That being said, I miss the little guy. Because of busy schedules and what not, I only get to see him one night a week. It was really weird and difficult to say goodbye at the airport. After spending two straight weeks grandma, sister, and nephew, going to our own home seemed like a foreign concept.

But I got to go see sis and WeiJay a few nights ago, and all was better. Even though he had been tortured at the pediatrician's office, he sat at the table with us like a little trooper. As soon as I sat down with my newly created, melty, cheesy, gooey cheeseburger and fresh-made fries, WeiJay motioned with his arms that it was time to sit in my lap. Who am I to say no to such an adorable, freshly-tortured little man? About a minute into his lap time, I felt his body relax, let out an ever so slight sigh, and he leaned his little feverish head against my chest... and I was meltier than my cheeseburger.

So I got to thinking about our relationship with God, especially when we have a hard day and things are going on around us that we have no way of understanding, just that they hurt more than we ever imagined. All I wanted to do was comfort WeiJay the best I knew how, as I know God desperately wants in our times of distress, if we just let him.

So me, being the Shu Shu that I am, made every attempt possible to make the kid laugh. Of course, I didn't have to work that long, seeing as how 1.) I am the funniest person I know and 2.) WeiJay will laugh at just about anything, so long as he has an audience to appreciate said laughter.

Face gymnastics is always a hit, along with a potential new favorite, "fish lips" (which in itself is funny, seeing as how fish lips are a delicacy back in WeiJay's homeland).

Anyway, I don't have any pics of WeiJay on this computer, so... sorry folks. Feel free to take the next few minutes to enjoy the pics I've put on here on other blogs, and just pretend like they are new to you.

So I shall leave you with a joke I just made up:

What's more confusing than a joke with no punchline?

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Ok... I didn't spend too long trying to figure it out... too long. : ) Great blog! I would give you kuddos, but this isn't myspace, so no kuddos for you.

Keep Blogging!

FHL said...

Every boy needs a silly, fun-loving Uncle to make him giggle, sounds like WeiJay has a great one :o)