Saturday, September 6, 2008

Baby Jay

So here's Baby Jay, the child we've been waiting for, the hole in our lives we never knew we had. My "job" on this trip is Resident Photojournalist. You'll find pictures of our little man, with scrapes, snots, poops, toots, boogies, and most of all, laughter. I find that I shake my head in disbelief every time he does his patented "whole-face smile" (I realized this after he smiled at me, and quizzically looked at me and - mimicking me - shook his head). How could so much cuteness come from one small face? I'm not entirely sure that the world is ready for this little guy.

Alright, I guess I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for this little guy. This is the day he really began to walk around a lot... and the day he let me hold him for the first time. Guys are supposed to be manly and all, but come on now... how could you NOT melt when this guy reaches up to you to hold him, or holds your hand with one hand while holding his treat cup in the other as he toddles along (often much faster than his little feet can go). He doesn't have us wrapped around his little finger - he's got us wrapped around every finger and toe he has.

No comments: